07 Feb Riff Backed by Chloe Capital and Jason Palmer
Chloe Capital is a seed-stage venture capital firm that invests in women. The Chloe Capital team is touring the country and stopping in cities to host pitch competitions for female entrepreneurs.
The latest stop on the Invest In Women tour was in New Orleans last night at The Shop at the CAC. Five women-led startups pitched in front of a live audience and a panel of investors for a chance to win up to $250,000.
Each active impact investor had a chance to provide feedback to the entrepreneurs and potentially co-invest with Chloe Capital and ECMC Foundation, the co-host of the event.
The five women-led businesses and founders included:
- EYP Ventures – Jennifer Kushell – Multimedia platform for career planning in today’s global workforce
- KNAC – Ariel Lopez – Eliminating bias in recruiting through project-based feedback
- Provider Pool – Janna Westbrook – Platform connecting hospitals to nurses that tracks performance, invoices, calendars, and inboxes
- Riff Analytics – Beth Porter – Behavior training platform that collects audio and text data to track behaviors
- WhereWeGo – Leah Lykins – Subscription service for career seekers to compare opportunities by region
After the pitches, the funding announcements were made. Riff Analytics was awarded $50,000 from Chloe Capital, plus an additional $25,000 from investor Jason Palmer. ECMC Foundation awarded $100,000 to EYP Ventures, and then another $50,000 to Provider Pool. Chloe Capital also gave $50,000 to Provider Pool.
For more information about Chloe Capital’s Invest In Women tour, visit chloecapital.com.